LIBRARIAN - MRS N EVANS
|Monday||8.35am-1.00pm / 1.30pm-4.00pm|
|Tuesday||8.15am-1.15pm / 1.45pm-4.00pm|
|Wednesday||8.35am-1.00pm / 1.30pm-4.00pm|
|Thursday||8.15am-1.15pm / 1.45pm-4.00pm|
|Friday||8.35am-1.00pm / 1.30pm-3.00pm|
The library is the hub for the school reading programme Accelerated Reader. Every book within this scheme are shelved according to their level to enable easy & quick selection for our students. Quizzes can be taken before school, during first & lunch break & after school.
There are 10 networked computers, they are for school-work & completing an Accelerated Reader quiz. You can book them in advance for use at lunchtime - ask at the counter.
STUDENT LIBRARY HELPERS
We have a team of students who work in the library, helping us at busy times, putting resources away, assisting students, helping with displays and issuing and returning resources. These posts are open to all students & anyone interested in becoming a library helper can speak to the Librarian at any time.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUB
The library is open Monday to Thursday from 3pm till 4pm for:
- Taking an Accelerated Reader quiz.
- Exchanging books
All students must leave their bags and coats outside the Library in the racks provided
- Mobile phones must be on silent & not used for calls
- No food, drink or gum is allowed in the library
- Put books back in the right place on the shelf, or on the trolley, after use
- Try to talk quietly, there will be people working
- You are responsible for any items you borrow. If you have lost or badly damaged your library book you will be asked to pay the cost to replace it.
- Never lend your library book to anyone else.