CATERING MANAGER - MRS C DAVIS
The food that is prepared at Sir Christopher Hatton Academy is done so with the following considerations and ethos:
- All food is freshly prepared each day for that days meals with fresh ingredients.
- Where possible local suppliers are used to ensure that the Academy is supporting the local economy and businesses.
- At every available opportunity a healthy alternative is used in the production of food products in the school such as low fat mayonnaise and low fat spread on sandwiches.
- 70% of all cakes and biscuits sold are produced and baked at the Academy fresh each day.
- Any special dietary requirements including religious needs are catered for when the catering manager has been informed of the requirements. (If you need any help with a special diet then please speak to the catering manager).
- Breakfast will be available each day from 07.30am with cereals and eggs available to ensure children attending the school have the opportunity to have a balanced lifestyle from the start of the day.
- Fried food (chips) will only available on Fridays to ensure the intake of saturated fat is kept to a minimum.
- Food will be prepared and cooked in accordance with the food safety (England) regulations 2006 and the healthy schools recommendations.
If you wish to discuss your child's food intake or requirements then please do not hesitate to contact me.