Sir Christopher Hatton Academy is an independent non denominational Academy providing comprehensive education for boys and girls aged 11 to 18, based in the market town of Wellingborough, Northamptonshire. Sir Christopher Hatton School was established following the merger of Westfield Boys School and Breezehill Girls School in 1983, on the former Breezehill site off The Pyghtle. With a history of independence as a Grant Maintained School and then a Foundation School, the School converted to Academy status on 1st March 2012.
As a high performing Academy, Sir Christopher Hatton Academy is at the leading edge of Government policy, achieving approval from the Department for Education (DfE) to be a Sponsor of other Academies, who require strategic support to develop the best possible education for the young people of Wellingborough.
Sir Christopher Hatton Academy is a charitable company limited by guarantee run by a board of Directors made up of staff, parents and professional people within the local community with a passion for the delivery of educational excellence for the people of Wellingborough.
"Aiming for excellence in all that we do"
- A commitment to high quality teaching and learning
- To support and develop our staff
- High expectations of all and support for the individual
- A curriculum that is broad, balanced and develops the whole child
- Ensure a calm caring ethos is maintained by insisting upon excellent standards of behaviour, courtesy and mutual respect
- Form a strong supportive partnership with parents and wide community
- Be a rigorous self-evaluating Academy
- Always strive to achieve more in all that we do
- To be a fully inclusive learning community
- Recognise and reward excellence
We aim for our students to be:
- Successful and lifelong learners
- Caring, responsible and confident young people and adults
- Responsible global citizens
- Prepared for the changing world of work